The Utah Auctioneers Association exists to promote the auction method of marketing through professional and ethical auctioneering practices in the State of Utah. Membership is open to auctioneers, auction companies, auction staff and associates with an interest in this age old method of marketing.
The Utah Auctioneers Association also seeks to provide educational opportunities for its members and associates.
The Goals of the Utah Auctioneers Association are:
- To encourage and develop high ethical standards within the auction industry and to recognize those who’s outstanding contributions have made a positive impact on our profession.
- To provide our membership with learning opportunities by recognizing the importance of knowledge through continuing education and futures planning.
- To review and develop information on technology changes in the field of auction marketing to better assist our members in providing cost effective services.
- To encourage and develop opportunities to network and exchange ideas with other professionals in our industry.
- To develop and disseminate educational programs designed to enhance public trust and confidence in the auction method of marketing in Utah and to ensure those individuals providing these services are qualified.
- To work with the National Auctioneers Association in the promotion of auction marketing to governmental agencies and private industry.
- To develop and promote programs designed to increase membership and participation within the association and the National Auctioneers Association.
- Represent and act for the auction profession before all departments and agencies of the State of Utah and other public and private organizations whose activities affect the profession; not however to act in the capacity of an attorney. To Speak for the Membership with a Unified Voice.
- To aid any member in the conduct of an auction sale to the end of improving the auction services to be rendered by said member.
- To strive at all times to make the general public more auction minded through education and to foster the advantages of selling at auction.